Cockroaches are the champions of hide and seek. As cockroaches are used to staying well hidden throughout the day and it is only after dark that they start to activate, they can go unnoticed for a long time even inside. your living spaces. If there is any suspicion of cockroaches in your walls, it is important to recognize the characteristic signs that often confirm an invasion of cockroaches (war).
Cockroaches live or dead : The first unpleasant encounter with cockroaches often arrives completely impromptu and unexpected: during the night we light the kitchen light and we discover cockroaches swarming on the ground or on the work plan trying to escape to the faster in the first hiding place within their reach. If you notice an infestation of cockroaches it is recommended to act quickly, because a visible cockroach can easily hide 200. If you detect cockroaches in the day is often bad sign, a serious infestation with a very dense population in hiding places must be in your house.
Egg Pockets and Cocoon Remnant : Roaches lay eggs in pockets. These pockets as well as the remains of cocoons of the larvae are a sign of an infestation of cockroaches. Cockroaches during their development go through several moults. Their old skin falls and looks like a transparent capsule often found near the nests. Similarly pockets with or without eggs are often found near hiding places.
Traces of excrement : Cockroach droppings are also a characteristic sign. It looks like leftover ground coffee and one mm long. On the walls and other vertical surfaces the traces of cast manure have a somewhat elongated shape. These tracks are also especially close to the favorite hiding places of cockroaches.
Bad smell : Cockroaches spread a smelly substance. This nauseating odor increases proportionally with the importance of the infestation. Cockroaches release pheromones indeed, it is their means of communication and recognition. This substance also plays an important role in reproduction.
Food damage : Roaches prefer to attack food, even packaging is rarely a drag on them. Strong mouthparts are easy to break with paper, cardboard, plastic and other materials. If you notice any traces on the food, it can probably be a sign of a cockroach infestation. Above all, they like soft consistencies that are rotten and have a sweet taste, such as fruits.
The hiding places of cockroaches
- The secret of the long survival of the cockroach species for more than 200 million years is their ability to find adequate hiding places in any type of environment. All they need are tiny cracks and spaces in household appliances, walls or ceilings in a hot, humid atmosphere, with water and organic matter, rich in protein. If you have real suspicions of cockroach infestation, it is important to know the favorite roaches of cockroaches.
- The kitchen and bathroom are ideal environments for cockroaches. Here cockroaches are happy to hide near a heat source, such as oven, refrigerator, freezer, hood, radiator but also small appliances such as coffee maker, microwave etc.
- The sauna or the swimming pool, humid and hot: in humid spaces cockroaches find the amount of water they need to survive. This is often noticeable near evacuations of water and pipes, especially if there are cracks and crevices that are ideal hiding spots.
- The furniture can also be invaded. Here all the different places of your home may be concerned: drawers and storage spaces in the kitchen, table drawers and book shelves, driving rails for cabinets and drawers, below sitting among others. It is necessary to also check decorative objects such as frames and mirrors.
- Typical places such as ceiling and wall corners, ground level, vents, cracks, baseboards require close control. Junctions between bathroom and kitchen and ancillary parts such as cable ducts or pipes must be inspected. The ventilation ducts in the bathroom but also the ventilation systems of the kitchens are to be suspected. It is necessary to check if cockroaches have not installed their nests in hollow walls or false ceilings.
- Cockroaches are hiding under undressed ceilings, wallpaper, fabric upholstery, loose tiles and behind baseboards and door frames, doors, windows and other places in the home. The cracks and crevices that can be created at the level of the walls or the tiling of the ground are the refuges of cockroaches.